Please Note: the rifle/pistol range re-opens on Saturday, November 17th!
Open to the Public:
8-Lane Rifle Range
6-lane Pistol Range
Come join us at our new range. Whether you’re sighting in your rifle for big game season, working up loads, trying out that new rifle or pistol, or just plinking, you’ll find we have just what you’re looking for. We look forward to seeing you at the range!
Our state-of-the-art rifle range has 8 lanes, shooting from a building to the outside:
2 lanes up to 50 yards
4 lanes up to 100 yards
2 lanes up to 200 yards
Our state-of-the-art pistol range has 6 covered lanes:
6 lanes up to 25 yards
Occasionally the range will be closed for private events or maintenance. Range closure details are available here.
Camera System for Target Viewing
We’re piloting the use of a camera system for target viewing on the rifle range. You’ll shoot at real paper targets downrange, but by downloading a mobile app, you can see your target hits on your smart phone or tablet, capture the targets, and then print the targets later at home.
August 15 – September 30
|Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday||Noon – 5 pm|
|Saturday||10 am – 5 pm|
October 1 – November 18
|Wednesday, Thursday, Friday||Noon – 5 pm|
|Saturday, Sunday||9 am – 6 pm|
November 19 – March 20
|Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday||Noon – 4 pm|
Notes on Hours:
- All shooting must be purchased at least 30 minutes before shooting hours close.
- Club may close early at Manager’s discretion. When in doubt, please call ahead!
- In winter, if the wind-chill factor reaches -10 degrees or colder, all outdoor ranges will be closed. We will endeavor to keep the Clubhouse and any indoor, heated ranges open; however, we may close completely, or close earlier, under some conditions. If you are in doubt, please call and ask before you come down.
Rates & Fees*
We are selling annual passes and one-time passes to use the range.
Member Annual and One-time Passes are available to Members of the Gun Club.
Member Annual Pass: $100, with $5 Daily Range Fee
Member One-time Pass: $20
Non-member Annual and One-time Passes are available to Non-members of the Gun Club.
Non-Member Annual Pass: $150, with $5 Daily Range Fee
Non-Member One-time Pass: $25
* Notes on Rates and Fees:
- Any shooter with an Annual Pass or One-time Pass may bring a guest for a $5 daily range fee.
- Up to 2 shooters may share one lane.
- Range Passes/Fees are limited to one hour if others are waiting, at the Range Officer’s discretion, but shooters may shoot again in turn.
- Non-Members who purchase an Annual Pass have 30 days to purchase a membership to the Club in order to get the $100 Member Annual Pass rate.
- A 10% military veterans’ discount applies to all rates and fees for Minnesota residents who are Active Military, Active Guard/Reserve, Retired Military, and Disabled Veterans. Veteran’s must show their Veteran ID card to qualify for the discount.
Range Use Restrictions
- Fully automatic firearms are prohibited
- Slide-fire stocks or any other device that mimics automatic fire are prohibited
- 50 BMG caliber firearms are prohibited
- Armor-piercing, steel-core, and tracer ammunition is prohibited
- Rapid-fire is prohibited; each shot must be deliberately aimed before being fired
- Shooters wishing to use .338 Lapua Magnum caliber firearms must obtain permission in advance and schedule a time to shoot
- Bullet impacts anywhere other than the designated target areas are prohibited and will result in loss of shooting privileges
- NRA gun safety rules must be followed at all times:
- Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot
- Always keep the gun unloaded until ready for use
- Rifles and handguns must be unloaded and cased, with actions open, except when on the firing line at the range; this means no uncasing or handling of rifles or handguns in the parking lot, clubhouse, or anywhere else on the property until on the firing line and at a Range Safety Officer’s command; the except to this are handguns carried legally by those with a permit to carry recognized in the state of Minnesota, and such handguns must be carried concealed anywhere on the club property
- Range users must sign in at the clubhouse
- All range users must view a safety video, and complete and sign a liability waiver prior to using the range
- Paper targets are the only approved targets on the range; shooters may bring their own, or purchase them in the clubhouse
- Shooting must only be done from the firing line, from a bench-seated position, under the direction of a Range Safety Officer
- The Range Safety Officer is in charge of the range at all times and their orders must be followed immediately; failure to follow this rule will result in loss of shooting privileges
- All shooters and spectators on the firing line and staging areas must wear eye and ear protection at all times; shooters may bring their own eye and ear protection, or purchase them in the clubhouse
- Closed-toe footwear is required on the range
- All firearms must be unloaded and cased, with actions open, when taken to and from the firing line
- No firearms are to be handled, moved, or fired until directed by a Range Safety Officer
- Children under 18 must be under adult supervision at all times while inside the range perimeter
- The minimum age to shoot on the range by oneself is 18 for rifle and 21 for handgun
- Children ages 5 and below will not be allowed on the range, or left unsupervised by a parent or guardian while in the clubhouse, in a vehicle, or anywhere else on club property